Just a quick post before we head out to see the fireworks tonight...
I always loved sparklers as a kid, but was always kind of struck with anxiety after seeing those godawful adverts about kids burning their fingers while playing with them. Needless to say Vinnie is far too young for a real sparkler, so I thought I'd make some toddler friendly sparklers instead.
I sat and painstakingly stuck each individual strand of tinsel onto a strip of double sided tape (if you're smart you could use the kind of tinsel you wrap around your tree and save yourself the effort) and wrapped it round the end of a coffee stirrer I
stole commandeered from a cafe.
...et voila, still sparkly... less burn-panic inducing
p.s. I wish I could have got a pic of the kiddos playing with these yesterday but they shook them around so quick all my photos look like I'm trying to capture The Flash!